PRO TOUR QUALIFIER THEROS – DUBLIN : THE DETAILS
NOTE: PLEASE TRY TO BRING A DECK REGISTRATION SHEET FILLED OUT !!!
We will have forms there, but if you bring it filled out it speeds everything up and is so much easier.
The form can be found at this link. Just cut-and-paste.
PTQ Theros – Dublin event information is as follows:
Date : Saturday, May 25th
Time : Registration at 9am, event at 10am (but that is loosely based and may deviate by 30 min, but please do not arrive right at 10am)
Location : Double-Tree Hilton Resort, Carmel Mountain Ranch, Heritage Ballroom (directions a little further on)
Entry Fee : $25
Format, etc :
The structure for qualifier tournaments feeding Pro Tour Theros will be modified Swiss-style, with top players after the Swiss rounds playing in a single-elimination playoff for prizes and invitation(s).
• Standard constructed
• Deck lists are required
• Swiss rounds will each be 50 minutes in length
• Single-elimination matches will have no time limit.
• Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
Attendance Number of
Swiss Rounds Playoff
8 3 (single elimination) None
9-16 5 Top 4
17 – 32 5 Top 8
33 – 64 6 Top 8
65 – 128 7 Top 8
129 – 226 8 Top 8
227 – 409 9 Top 8
410 or higher 10 Top 8
• All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
• The top players after the final Swiss round will advance to the single-elimination playoff. The number of players that advanced to the playoff is based on the number of players in the event (see chart above)
• Playoff matches will be best 2 of 3
• Playoff matches will be single-elimination
• While there are no time limits in the playoff rounds, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 60 minutes
• Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
• For the first game of each playoff match, the player who finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each playoff match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game).
• Planeswalker Points multiplier 5x, REL: Competitive
• The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
• Players are responsible for bringing their own method of tracking life totals, cards sleeves, and appropriate counters or tokens.
• The winner of each event will receive a bonus of 1,000 Planeswalker Points and an invitation and travel award* to Pro Tour Theros
• Top 8 playoff participants receive an exclusive Pro Tour Qualifier Top 8 playmat
• Other prizes will be awarded based on attendance
Top 8 playoff participants receive an exclusive PTQ-themed playmat.
Side Events : We will be running booster drafts (RGD) and a 2HG Sealed event as well during the course of the day.
Directions : The Double-Tree Address and Phone are:
14455 Penasquitos Dr San Diego, CA 92129 // Phone (858) 672-9100
Heading North on I-15 from San Diego, exit Carmel Mountain Road (4th exit from Mira Mesa where the store is) and turn left.
Heading South on I-15 from North County, Los Angeles, etc, Exit Carmel Mountain Road and turn right.
Turn right on Penasquitos Drive, which is the first street past the freeway (and it has a light)
Turn right into your FIRST driveway, which is the hotel entrance.
Turn right IMMEDIATELY when you get into the driveway and head back towards the corner by the light.
The Heritage Ballroom is the octagonal building closest to the street corner, and parking is all around it. Registration will be in the entryway to the room.